My Blog List

Friday, January 28, 2011

Equanimity – A virtue of heart or head?


There is a saying that, ‘opposites get attracted to each other’ but then I keep asking myself sometimes ‘why is that we are in search of likes’? Most of the times we tend to line-up our wish list like:
I want someone like the way I think, like the way I have interests in, wants things like I want etc., so how should we get attracted to the opposite ones then? Mysterious concept.

I really feel composure of heart or head individually has great effects in itself but are we born to explore the differences between them? I suppose yes. I have heard people say, follow your heart …. Take that path less travelled but then how are we sure that the road less travelled is also sometimes not the road to be travelled?  And boom there u go by the calculation of ur head: risks involved, time frame, results etc., so a composed way of neural thinking is also a way to know the road u need to take. It’s like taping a tip of ice berg …… the real competitor still remains ‘go for what ur heart says’ (And wonder what it says) 

In my perspective, I don’t think they both are right individually but together they do form a full circle which I call the ‘Divine Destiny’. To attain this birth right for which we fight whole life – ‘Nirvana’ that which few have attained in the past and few are trying to attain in the present and I wonder how many more are predicted in the future.

What is that tempest that keeps the fire in ur heart alive to finally lead u to equanimity, what is that lucid logical neural pathway that u try to frame which might lead to equanimity; what is that lacuna in the heart which makes us a constant traveler which may lead to equanimity, what if that implausible 98% of the head that is unexplored leads to equanimity?

One time or the other all would have asked this to their conscience knowingly or unknowingly, ‘Balance of head and heart, what is it anyways?’
One has the desire for wants (head) and the other necessity for needs (heart) no surprise where this quote comes from, ‘Blind leading Blind’. Nobody can state the right and wrong doers in this purpose to follow the wants or the needs it is just ‘A CHOICE’ not ‘THE CHOCE’.

Whatever the tempo we choose to dance for in this short period of life we at least end up getting light at the end to see that ‘Equanimity’ that was always etched as a trait on your soul – which we all are born with from the beginning whether this moment is the virtue of heart or head you’ll know when it takes over at the end. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm - fairly complex description of a simple question (If I got it right, that is). I think you are looking at the cure and not the symptom of the problem. The right question probably would be "what is troubling me? whom do I ask for opinion?". Never the less, well written!

neelu said...

well i liked the way u call it 'Cure' and not the symptom. :) thx for reading.

DJ said...

Good one shilpa