My Blog List

Friday, August 6, 2010

sanely insane: what is really a sober state?


It’s not a usual question that someone asks you in the morning when you start off your day at work: ‘what do you think of life at this point?’ And when this question was asked to me one day, it made me put my thinking hat on and kinda contemplate what I feel about life this day?

And quickly I tried to recollect, if any of the experiences in this month could give me a clue to answer this question. And I was simply surprised when the usual walk back home after work could do this job.

The air conditioning in my office is so really wonderful that it allows my jacket/cardigans/sweat shirts to flaunt their beauty even during peak summer. And when I take my walk back to home, the moment I come out of the building it is then I realize that the weather outside is really not the rostrum for jackets LOL

But the day when this question was asked to me, the sudden effect of having the realization of NOW that is it hot outside I just need to act sanely and help myself get some cool breeze was the trigger to brood over so many different patterns of other questions. That is when I thought it’s time that my blog gets a feast of delicious food to enjoy after really long time. A ‘thought’ to ‘think’ upon in higher perspective (considering all the dimensions) – SANITY or INSANITY, which the state of mind we really are in?  

The insane/ulterior acts like: Greediness, cruelty, dictatorial, manipulative trait etc., are not something that happens by chance but by choice. Sometimes these activities of thinking is so much disguised in getting/planning things brilliantly for wrong motives that we give it the name as necessity when one steps upon somebody else’s chance of getting the same opportunity, domineer just because you want something that the other person isn’t supportive off, make things obscure for others because oneself isn’t clear about what he/she wants in life etc.,

When one reaches a junction in life wherein all the time in the world you have is just to reflect upon the days a human being has spent in trying to search the purpose of one’s life, I feel there is a very thin line between state of mind responsible for taking sane and insane decisions. We do things in a way which resembles like a sanity check to get insanity as the by product. I wonder why the homosapiens have countenance like this.  If we are wired to do things like these then a question keeps puzzling me: what is really a sober state after all?’

When I tried to search answer to this question I just happen to look at my watch and remembered that it’s time for me to leave office. It is then I got the answer when I exited the doors to take off the jacket as a protective shield from artificial cool air circulation. When I personified this jacket as a shield (necessity, desire, fantasy etc.,) that we all wear assuming we are doing sane things to gift each other insanity at the end.

The saying, ‘Time is a big healer’ is very true as it gives us the chance to experience ‘NOW’ every day. I believe, the natural instincts of the heart to make the decision which gets manifested as harmony within oneself and around is something that is considered SOBER wherein the actions taken by this state of mind has the beauty to get attracted to similar consequences as we go forward and it is then that insanity is consciously cured of it’s inherent malevolence nature in order to get mirrored as sanity. But one has to be always cautious that it’s the silver sheet(realization) which adds the mirroring nature to a glass(life) and the silver sheet gets manufactured by what I term the process as ‘THE NOW EFFECT’ which allows anyone to see the beauty of sanity in themselves.

And in this attempt I also felt that, we may or may not witness the true godly nature in us to do something sane all the time but we are always provided a chance to get connected to the source we come from. 

~Shilpa 

2 comments:

TRUE said...

Great article my friend !! Life is life a buffet..so get what you want !!! Very difficult to be in a Sober state where your mind controls your heart..! it is good to think about the essence of the life especially when you are in a social roller coaster where the trails are already made and the thrills are already explained by the reviewers..! Keep going !!!

Anxious Brain said...

What sort of friend would ask you a crazy question like that first thing in the morning? ;-)

Nice entry, Shilpa